Press Accreditation Guidelines
Media Accreditation Guidelines
1.1) Media Accreditation Guidelines
Media accreditation is ongoing and subject to the approval of PIHABF organizers.
1.2) Accreditation Principles
Editors of publications and media agencies are requested to take note of the following principles to ensure that media accreditation is restricted to professional journalists and photographers:
The organizer considers the Media Pass to be a working tool to be used only by bonafide members of the press. Marketing personnel, staff of the publication’s secretariat, etc. cannot be accredited as media.
The organizer will only accredit publications with a circulation size, format and quality that fulfill the criteria of the organizer.
Internal company publications cannot be accredited as media.
However, at the sole discretion of the organizer, and where the quality and circulation criteria justify the organizer’s consideration, such publications may be eligible for accreditation on a case-by-case basis.
Under no circumstance will advertising and public relations agencies (or similar companies and organizations) be accredited as media, nor will the organizer issue any media accreditation to representatives (press officers or otherwise) of sponsors, suppliers and exhibitors.
Double accreditation is not allowed (e.g. as media and as delegate).
2) CRITERIA FOR ACCREDITATION
2.1) Applications MUST be made online.
Accreditation will only be granted upon presentation of valid press credentials (prepare a scanned copy of the press ID) including:
– Completed online accreditation application form
– official national press card(s) of the representative covering PIHABF 2018 (22nd Balloon Fiesta)
– letter of assignment on the official letterhead of a media organization signed by the Publisher/Assignment Editor, Editor-in-chief or Bureau Chief, specifying the name and functional title of the journalist, and stating their role at PIHABF 2018
– Information on the publication (such as the publication’s website, circulation, readership, frequency, etc) (only to be supplied on request)
– An original copy of the publication (only to be supplied on request)
– In addition, publications from countries that do not use Roman letters (e.g. China, Japan, Thailand, Russia, etc.) must supply a certified English translation of the publications’ credits page.
2.2) A recent photo of the applicant must be submitted together with the application.
The organizer reserves the right to reject any incomplete application. Photographs that do not meet the following specifications will be rejected:
– Photograph must be taken within the last six months
– Photograph must be in color
– Background of the photograph must be plain white and provide a good contrast against the individual’s face and hair
– Photograph must show the applicant’s full face. Side profiles of applicants will not be accepted;
– Photograph must be in .JPEG, .PNG or .GIF format with 300 dpi resolution, and file size of at least 50KB
– Photograph size needs to be of the following dimensions: 2 in. X 2 in.
2.3) Freelance journalists/photographers MUST provide clear credentials that they are on assignment from a specific news organization/publication.
A valid assignment letter from that news organization/publication is required. Submissions by freelance online journalists will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
2.4) Online media (including websites, photography sites and online forum pages) must meet the following requirements, in addition to those above:
– The web publication must belong to a registered company, such as a media organization, and have a specific, verifiable non-web address and telephone number
– The online journal requesting accreditation for its correspondent(s) must have a substantial amount of original news content or commentary or analysis on international issues
– If the website is new, the applicant seeking accreditation must provide the latest data on the site’s visitorship or other relevant material (press citations, etc.) about the outlet’s audience. The applicant must have an established record of having written extensively on international issues and must present copies of three recently published articles, not more than six months old, with his/her byline
Please note that online publications that are intended for the communications outreach or advocacy of non-governmental or non-profit organizations do not qualify for media accreditation
Onsite applications will not be entertained.
2.6) Journalists who need to apply for a visa to visit PIHABF should submit their applications for media accreditation early to ensure visas can be obtained on time.
3) ACCREDITATION PROCEDURES
An email acknowledgement will be sent to applicants upon submission of the online accreditation form.
Each application will take up to ten working days to process.
All successful applicants will be issued an email confirmation with accompanying terms and conditions. If an applicant does not receive an email ten working days after registration, he/she is requested to contact the Communications/PR representatives stated below.
If the representative is not able to attend the event, the organizer must be notified as early as possible. Failure to inform the organizers of non-attendance may result in future accreditation requests being refused.
If any change of representative is to be made, please notify the PIHABF organizers on or before 10 January 2017 via email or website form. Any name changes after submission may be rejected.
Details for the collection of media passes are as follows:
4.1) Date: January 30, 2018
Time: 0930hrs – 1700hrs
Venue: Air Ads Hangar, Domestic road, Pasay city
4.2) Date: February 6, 2018
Time: 0830hrs – 1200hrs
Venue: Information Booth at Clarkfield, Pampanga
The representative(s) must produce the email confirmation as well as two copies of their name cards when collecting their media pass at the event. No media pass will be issued without proper documentation.
Accreditation does not guarantee journalists and photographers access to all media events / press conferences. Journalists and photographers should refer to the press kit for more details.
The media pass is non-transferable. It may only be used by the person whose name and publication name appear on the pass.
5) NOTE TO PHOTOGRAPHERS
There is no photo studio or technical assistance lab.
6) NOTE TO BROADCASTERS
There is no International Broadcast Centre at PIHABF 2018.